Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

My Week Made

Sunday morning I woke up. I checked my Twitter. (From bed, yes. Because it's warm in my bed.)

I finally dragged myself out of bed and to the living room.

I turned on my computer. I opened four tabs. (Because I'm a tabaholic.) Like all the other mornings.

E-mail. Teemagnet. (Because I love the nerdy/geeky t-shirts.) Facebook. Pinterest. (Because Pinterest has become very important in my routine.)

It would be a long time before I looked at any pages but my e-mail.

I clicked the e-mail tab and started skimming the new headlines. I stopped. I stared. I squinted, in case I was seeing it wrong. I stared some more. Maybe, I didn't breath for a few seconds. I smiled. I stared some more. I thought, it's not real, is it? I thought, maybe it's not really him. (But, I knew better.)

(You're going to laugh when you see what the big deal is all about.)

I finally clicked on the e-mail to open it. It was really him. I clicked the link in the e-mail. It took me to the page. It was really him. There was a blue check and everything.

I still couldn't believe it.

By now I'm smiling (Because, apparently, it doesn't take much to make me happy.) a lot.

I clicked over to my Twitter page. It said the same thing there. I clicked back to his Twitter page. Yeah, same thing.

Peoples! One of my favorite actors (and an Oscar winner, I might add) followed me on Twitter!

Now, I know, he follows about 640ish people, that's a lot. I can barley keep up with the 300ish that I follow. But, he does have like 28,000 followers. Not sure why he followed me. I'm just hoping he doesn't get on Twitter one day and think "This girl is a tweeting machine! Unfollow!"

Oh well, whatever his reason, he made my week!

Thank you Mr. Hutton, for the follow and for getting me to 399 followers. One more to 400!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I can see why that would make your day!

Call Me Cate said...

Very cool indeed! I've had replies from celebs on occasion but never a follow.

Kendra said...

That's great! I saw your tweet about the email and wondered what it was! Also, your stationary should have been sent and hopefully you will get it soon. Sorry it took so long and that you like it!