Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Diet Coke Brownies

I was wandering around Pinterest one day and found a recipes for a Pumpkin cake. The recipe called for one box of cake mix and one can of pumpkin puree. That's it.

Mix it all together, pour it in the pan, bake it all up. Viola! Yummy pumpkin cake!

Being a lover of cake and pumpkin I couldn't resist!

Do Not Bake This Cake. Ewww.

Super thick and super cake batter flavor. Not good.

After this experience you'll understand how I had some reservations when I found a recipe for brownies that called for one box of brownie mix and one can of Diet Coke.

But, I'm a fan of brownies and a fan of Diet Coke . . . (This looks familiar already) . . So, I thought, why not give it a try.

I acquired one box of Low Fat Brownie mix and 12 oz. of Diet Coke. I poured them in the bowl, mixed them up, poured them in the greased pan and popped them in the oven.

They took longer than normal to cook enough to pass the "toothpick test."

When they were cooled (enough) I sliced them up and tasted.

Good brownies!

I was so suprised!

I mean, of course, they're not as excellent as regular brownies. I did buy the Low Fat kind. But, they were good.

I definitely plan to make them again!


Yummy!

1 comment:

Call Me Cate said...

I think to be certain of their quality, you need to mail me one so I can test for you.