Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lego's, Hugs and Kisses

The Kid has a Lot of Lego's. He likes to dump the whole box on the floor and play in the middle of them. This doesn't bother me at all, as long as he cleans them all up.

Last night he was playing in the middle of the Lego field. He said. "Mom, will you help me clean up?

I wasn't doing anything else so I got down on the floor and said "What do I get if I help?

He thought about it for a second and said "I will give you a hug."

That's it? That's what I said. "That's all I get?"

He considered this a bit more and responded with "And a kiss."

"So, I get a a hug and one kiss?" I asked. "Not worth it."

One more time he stopped to think. "I will give you Five kisses."

"Five kisses AND a hug?" I asked. "OK, that's worth it."

So, I helped him clean up his Lego's.

After we were done I told him I expected payment.

He said "You know what time it is now? Time for me to give you kisses!"

He jumped in my lap and payed me in full.

I sure love that Kid!

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

So sweet!! Kisses and hugs from kids are like little bits of tangible joy.

I Am Not Superwoman said...

How cute. Cherish those moments for sure because pretty soon he is going to be grown and not all to excited to give him momma hugs & kisses.

Unknown said...

Awww! That is so adorable.