Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

An Award? Neat! Thank You!

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited! I Am Not Superwoman gave me (and a few others) an award! I've been blogging for two years and this is my first award!

Thank you, I Am Not Superwoman!

I was awarded The Versatile Blogger award! I'm so flattered!


According to the rules I am to tell you seven things about myself and then pass along the award.

OK, here goes . . .

1. I grew up in Pennsylvania. Then I moved to Arkansas, then we moved to Texas, then back to Arkansas and then to Oklahoma (where we are now). I'm still waiting for the move that will take me back north were it's cooler. :) I'm ready to move back to Pennsylvania or to Massachusetts. I Adore Massachusetts and would LOVE LOVE to live there! Anyone have a house they want to give us and a good job for J?

2. Where we live I don't have a lot of friends. There are a few people at church but they all live pretty far away. I live on Twitter (and the internet in general) and I consider the people that I've met there (and here) to be just as much my friends as anyone I've met in real life.

3. My best friend lives in Maine and we haven't seen each other in two years. This is a ridiculous amount of time! I'm so thankful for text messages!!!

4. I used to work for/in the offices of a US Senator. I didn't like it at all. Mostly because of the guy I worked with. (Not the Senator.) I didn't stay there long. My Dad kept telling me I should stay because I could end up working in the White House one day.But I just couldn't handle this guy. I giggled when I heard a couple weeks ago that this Senator will most likely throw his hat in the 2012 Presidential race. My Dad had things to say. Things like "I told you so."

5. I asked the other day if anyone has ever seen any of those legendary, cryptid, mythical, alien creatures . . . I have. I don't say it often because then people think you're a loony toon. I'm not a toon, I promise. I mean even the most credible person could say something like that and people would roll their eyes and I'm a nobody. Imagine President Obama telling you he's seen a pterodactyl? Would you believe him? (For the record, I've never seen a pterodactyl.) :)

6. I Love writing stories. I have a million and one stories sitting on my hard drive that I've started. I have problems finishing them though. Do you know what fanfiction is? When I was younger I was writing fanfiction before I even knew what it was. If a TV show/Movie/Book didn't turn out the way I wanted it too I would rewrite it. Or, if I thought up a little side story I would write it myself. When I got older I discovered fanfiction. I love fanfiction. Does that make me a geek or a nerd or just a loony toon? (Uh oh, maybe I am a toon.)

7. My favorite Bible verse is John 19:30. More specifically the part where Jesus said "It is finished." I don't know how you interpret that verse but I know how I do. I don't think he was just saying life is over or the suffering is done. I think it was Jesus saying It's finished. The price of redemption has been paid. Nothing else needs to be done. Anyone who wants can now experience that redemption. Those are very powerful words to me.

There ya go! Seven (wordy) things about me! Now, I shall present some awards! I believe I should be presenting fifteen awards but I'm going to trim that down a bit to a few less more quality blogs.

I pass this award along to:

My Life As I Know It - I love reading this blog. So many pictures and you can have fun just reading along.

Forever Folding Laundry - More pictures (some of the OCEAN!). She's also very creative. (Also, I won a giveaway there, so bonus points!) :)

C. Beth Blog - Those internet friends I was talking about? She's one of them. (At least on my end! Hehe) :) Check out her versatile blog! Book reviews, recipes, Kids. She's got it all.

Mom in High Heels - She lives in Germany, she LOVES Johnny Depp and she calls her kids Indy and Han Solo. What more could you possibly need????

Days Like This - Another one of those internet friends. :) Her Kiddo is adorable, she's a Pug lover, and she always has her towel! (And thanks to her I not only have my towel, I know what that means!!)

Stacy Uncorked - She makes her own wine, she has a cute daughter AND she picked up the Random Tuesday torch! That last one does it for me! I need my Random Tuesdays!

Check out these blogs! You will undoubtedly find something you like in this great bunch!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never gotten an award before. Thank you!

I have to say that I learned a few things about you in your seven things. Interesting about the senator you use to work for. You will probably be happy not to be working with him with all the stress of running for the White House. Also, I don't think you are a loony or a toon. I haven't seen any of those creatures myself but I believe some of them exist.

Tia said...

Thanks so much for the award! I am having serious computer issues but as soon as I am up and running again I will share the love!

Love your blog!

C. Beth said...

Thank you so much for the award! I'm glad to be your real online friend! :)