Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Traditional Irish Dinner

St. Patrick's Day was last Thursday. I love St. Patrick's Day!

This year, for the first time, I did the whole traditional Irish meal.

I made Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots and Irish Soda Bread!

It took hours to cook it all. I put the meat in the pot and boiled it forever. I chopped carrots and cabbage and then peeled and cut potatoes. I made the bread dough. I made a giant mess in the kitchen, more than once, and cleaned it all up, more than once.

I was so happy with the way it all turned out.

I've never actually had Corned Beef and cabbage. Actually, I don't think I've ever had Corned Beef at all. I've also never had Irish Soda Bread. So, I'm not exactly sure how it was all supposed to taste but I think it tasted Pretty good!

The Kiddo liked it too! J, of course, only ate the meat and potatoes because he's sort of (A LOT) picky. I loved it!

2 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I'm glad you were happy with how it turned out! I'm not sure I've ever had the whole meal either, though I remember liking Irish soda bread!

C. Beth said...

That looks amazing!!