Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Silly - What Did the Chicken Do?

I read this ages ago and you might have seen it too but it not I hope you enjoy it! Actually, even if you have seen it, it is possible to enjoy it again!



A young man received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a horrible attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of this bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.


The young man tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by constantly saying polite words, playing soft music, and doing anything he could think of to set a good example but nothing worked.

Finally, the young man got fed up and he yelled at the parrot and, the bird yelled back. He shook the parrot, and the bird got angrier and ruder. Eventually, in a moment of desperation, the young man put the bird in the refrigerator freezer.

For a few minutes, the young man heard the bird squawking and kicking and screaming . . . then suddenly there was quiet. Not a peep for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the bird, the young man quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto the young man's outstretched arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am truly sorry, and I will do everything to correct my poor behavior."

The young man was astonished at the bird's change of attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the chicken did?"

No comments: