Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Therapy and Shutter Island

I had my day all planned out. I planned it out last night.

I was going to get up, do the gym and then head to do some shopping (window shopping that is) before I went to see Shutter Island. Then I rethought my plans and moved the gym to after the movie but other than that the day stayed the same.

I got all ready to go, grabbed the keys, said good bye to the guys and had my hand on the door knob when J said "What day is today?"

I responded "Friday."

To which he responded "Don't forget I have therapy today."

Plans dashed to pieces!

We had BOTH forgotten that he had therapy until just then, an hour and a half before we had to leave.

Anyway, AFTER therapy I did finally get to the movies. I saw Shutter Island. What a strange movie. I'm not what you would call a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio but I have to say that this was some of the best acting I've seen out of him. I might give him another shot.




POSSIBLE
S*P*O*I*L*E*R*S


I sat down in the theatre and the movie began to play. Five minutes in I sent a text (What? Don't look at me like that. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. I text during the movie, sometimes but I ALWAYS sit in the very last row in the corner so I'm pretty sure I don't bother anyone.) to my cousin and said "I think I know EXACTLY how this movie is going to end. I'll let you know."

I was right. Just once I would like to see a movie where the twist at the end was actually a suprise to me. Come on people! Get creative! Not saying I didn't like the movie. I did. I'm not going to rush out and buy it when it comes out on DVD though. (There was just a tad too much violence for me.)

I think it could have twisted again at the end and I was almost expecting it but it never came. Maybe there will be an alternate ending on the DVD. We'll see.

(Also, just a side note. Maybe it's because he's grown up or something but this marks the first time I have ever ever found Leonardo DiCaprio at all attractive. I was not a part of the Fangirls from Titanic. I was into Billy Zane when I saw that movie. Stupid Rose!)

No comments: