Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love William Shakespeare. That man could write. It drives me nuts when people say "I don't read his stuff because I can't understand any of it." I think "Are you kidding?!"

Well, it's their loss. If they don't read then they miss out on the gems. I decided for Valentine's Day I would post some quotes from William Shakespeare about Love. Hope you enjoy.

~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~

"I love thee, I love but thee; with a love that shall not die; till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

" I love you more than words can wield the matter, Dearer than eyesight, space and liberty "

" Come what sorrow can, It cannot countervail the exchange of joy , That one short minute gives me in her sight "

" Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind "

"Did my heart love 'til now? Foreswear its sight--for I never saw true beauty 'til this night."

"My bounty is as deep as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."

"Love comforteth like sunshine after rain."

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."

"Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt the sun doth move, Doubt truth to be a liar but never doubt thy love."
~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments: