Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

I Don't Know!

Last night we were just getting ready to walk out the door to go to church. Went through the checklist a few minutes earlier. Socks on. Shoes on. Coat on. Cup in hand.

Kiddo takes one step out the door and goes "Oh! Shoe!" pointing to his shoeless foot.

Somewhere in those few minutes in between the checklist and stepping out the door the shoe came off. One shoe.

Right about now I knew we were going to end up being late.

Me: Where's your shoe?
Kiddo: I don't know.
Me: Well where did it come off?
Kiddo: I don't know.
Me: Well you better find it.
Kiddo: Don't know where it is!
Me: Well we have to find it before we can leave.
Kiddo: Don't know, Mommy.

The conversation continued like this for the next ten minutes while we looked everywhere for the shoe. Finally I gave up and put his black dressy shoes on and left for church. We were fifteen minutes late.

By the way, I still have no idea where the shoe is.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I hate that!!!! Hate it!!!! My youngest is forever losing her shoes. I found one pair under the trampoline this morning after it had rained and rained and rained on them for two days straight. Turns out she's been missing this pair for a month. GAH!!! How do they do it?!