Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

What will your tombstone say?

As some of you may know I like to take my walks around our local cemetery. It's very quite and peaceful and beautiful there and it's set up perfectly for lots of walking.

Anyway, while I'm walking I sometimes read the dates or the epitaphs on the stones. I saw one once that was kind of disturbing to me. I've only ever seen nice, sweet and thoughtful epitaphs on tombstones until I noticed this one. I don't even like walking by it because it freaks me out. I'm not sure exactly what it means but this is what it says:

"You have wrapped yourself in a great egret silence and have walked into a night
without words."


I don't know about you but I don't think I would want that on my tombstone. I don't plan on walking "into a night without words" when I die. I plan on spending eternity with my Lord. It bugs me when I read this because I can only think of one place that remotely fits the description on this epitaph.

I hope you're ready and if something should happen they can put something on your tombstone that will bring comfort to those that pass by and not the creeps.

No comments: