Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts!

Happy Tuesday to you all!! It's time to be random! If you would like to join in the random fun all you have to do is head to Keely's blog by clicking the random little box below.

randomtuesday



1. Finally got the Kiddo's Halloween costume. He's going to be a Pirate and he's so excited about it.

2. I'm looking forward to having some candy around the house. (DANGEROUS!!!) I hardly ever buy it because of the danger factor. I'm sure I'll be happy when it's gone too. Maybe I should hope that people hand out stupid candy this year instead of good candy.

3. Yea you know the stupid candy. Tootsie Rolls and generic hard candy, jawbreakers and that Bubble gum that you can only chew for 3.52 minutes because after that it's lost all it's flavor. (No offense meant towards anyone who likes this candy.) I'm looking for the GOOD candy. The snack/fun size Reese's and Snickers, the Hershey bars and the Kit Kats. Those are the GOOD candy.

4. Will you be handing out candy this year or will you be trekking through town with a little costume clad kiddo in tow? I love taking the Kiddo Trick-or-Treating. It's a blast! Then when we come home he crashes and I have the rest of the night to watch Ghost Hunters (or something else Halloween-ish) and eat candy. Well, I don't eat candy all night.
5. Trick-or-Treat? Yea, let's hope the rain stops! I'm so sick of the rain!
6. Made some delicious pumpkin bread last night. MMmmm. I really don't know why I don't make this stuff every week. It's that good!
Well, I think that's about it. Have a great Random Tuesday everyone!!!

12 comments:

One with many names said...

We are going trick or treating for a little bit and then handing out candy. I'm NOT buying candy until the 30th or 31st. I just eat it :) it's too hard to resist it. Happy Random Tuesday!

Terra Heck said...

I'm taking the kids trick-or-treating. I enjoy dressing them up in costume and taking them to different houses for candy. I'm hoping it quits raining too. It'd be disappointing if it rained on Halloween. Pumpkin bread sounds yummy.

Pollyanna said...

We're handing out Butterfingers this year! In our neighborhood, most of the adults sit around a big bonfire with our buckets of candy. The kids just have to walk around in a big circle. We do a little door to door, but spend most of the evening dancing around the fire :)

I am Harriet said...

Pirates are cool (for Halloween).


Have a great RTT!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/woman-scares-off-burglar-by-acting-like.html

Liz Mays said...

The good candy is always chocolate based!

Cristin said...

We've already gone through two bags of candy that were meant for Halloween.. I can't be trusted around anything remotely resembling chocolate!

Michele said...

My husband starts buying Halloween the minute it hits the stores. This is not candy to give out. This is candy that ensures that I pay thousands of dollars of his dental work every year.

Raven said...

Every time I hear the word 'pirate' I think of Johnny Depp. It's a good mental image though, so I'm ok with it.

I plan to neither hand out candy nor go trick or treating with a little one. Mine are old enough to do their own thing on Halloween and we don't do Halloween in our apartment building. So, I plan to have a night of peace and quiet.

Happy RTT!

Raven

Anonymous said...

I want to be a pirate. And I shall sing Jimmy Buffett ... "Yes, I am a pirate ... 200 years too late. The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder ... I'm an over 40 victim of fate."

And now that you've got me on a singing roll ...
"Cotton candy, sweet and low - let me see that tootsie roll."

Stacy Uncorked said...

I absolutely agree with you about the 'stupid candy'. Chocolate is best! :)

Cool that Kiddo's going to be a pirate this year!

We'll be taking Princess Nagger out trick-or-treating - we don't have anyone come to our house to trick-or-treat since we're on a very busy road - everyone on this road head to a suburb neighborhood instead. :)

Happy RTT! :)

Julia said...

Being a pirate is fun no mater what!! Even on Halloween. Hee hee..

Candy. I. Know. This. Problem. Holidays = calories. I dread.

I am glad your son liked my flowers. Thanks for visiting. :)

Kendra said...

We are trick or treating so I'm not buying any candy. But I'm definitely hitting up my mom's for the snack size Butterfingers!