Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I saw a tweet on Twitter yesterday which sent me on a search and this is what I found:

(Taken from NESN.Com September 30, 2009. Written by Michael Hurley)

NFL Players Wearing Pink Gear for Breast Cancer Awareness
Week 4 of the NFL season will feature all the hard hits of a
typical football weekend, but it will also feature a touch of pink.

That's because the league, a strong
supporter of the fight against breast cancer, is allowing players to wear pink
gear in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

The New York Times writes that
players will be sporting pink cleats, gloves, sweatbands and towels.
The idea for the
pink spikes came from Carolina's DeAngelo Williams, whose mother was diagnosed
with breast cancer in 2004. Her three sisters died from the
disease.

I just thought I would share. I thought this was absolutely awesome!

(If you want to see the actual page Click Here.)

No comments: