Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Me? Are you sure?

A few weeks ago I got a text message from my Pastor. She asked if we were going to be at church on Sunday (I don't know why she's asks. We're there every Sunday unless someone is sick). When I told her that we planned to be there she said that there was something she wanted to talk to me about.

If you know me you know that doesn't sit well. You don't tell me you have something that you want to talk to me about Days before we can actually talk. I was thinking what on earth could this be about. When Saturday night rolled around it became clear that the Kiddo was going to be sick on Sunday morning. Guess what, we weren't going to be in church.

So I called her and let her know and she said that she had really wanted to talk to me in person but she could do it over the phone. At this point I'm really thinking what on earth is going on. Then she started talking.

The current Children's Church teacher wasn't working out and they were looking for a new one. Would I be interested in that job? What?!

Anyway, I figured if she needed help I had no a reason to tell her no. So, guess what? Now I'm teaching Children's Church too. (I'm scared to death and it's just a bunch of kids. I have to wonder if I'm the best choice for this job!)

If there's anyone who has had experience with teaching kids and would like to share their wisdom I'm listening.

Not that I haven't had experience, I teach Sunday School right now but my class is really small. I was also a counselor at a children's camp for Years but I didn't have to plan anything that went on there. I only had to watch kids. Yes, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

(P.S. Happy Birthday J!!! Have a great day!!)

No comments: