Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Girls Night Out

I just realized I never posted anything about the girls night out that Rin and I were fortunate enough to have. Our husbands jumped at the chance (yeah right!) to keep the boys while she and I went out for the evening.

The original plan was to make it to the 4:20 PM movie and then go to dinner afterward. However, problems with the arrival of J's check complicated this plan. So instead we planned to go to the 7:20 PM movie and then have dinner afterward.

We went to see All About Steve (Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper). It was pretty good. It ended not how I expected but how I wanted so that made me happy. Then we ran into Wal-Mart and walked around, got some gas and went on a post card search.

She was trying to send her Mom Postcards from every state she was in during her cross country travel. The only problem is that they don't sell postcards in Whogivesacare, TX so after about 7 stops we gave up and went to Applebees to eat.

We had a great time sitting there eating and talking. (Two for Twenty deal is awesome!) We figured it was time to leave around a quarter to two when the guy walked in and yelled "Last call for alcohol!"

All in all we had a great night! I wish we could do it more often! I think it's time for her to drop by again.

No comments: