Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Have you ever been there?

Was there ever a time in your life when there was someone you knew that you were . . . less than nice to?

I mean the whole thing started off nice but then things went south and you didn’t exactly treat them like you should have? You were rude and biting and you’re sure you were hurtful and later on you felt bad.

I mean you just felt awful because things should not have been handled in that manner and you wish you could go back and handle them differently? Or at least you wish that you could, somehow, apologize to that person? But of course, you’ve lost contact with them because WHY on earth would they want anything to do with you ever again?

And then, one day, you happen upon them on Facebook, of all places! Now you have the perfect opportunity to apologize to them for your awful attitude and hurtful words and curtness. Of course, you have no idea what you would say . . . I mean, they’ve moved on, you’ve moved on. It was years in the past. Everyone is happy now. I’m sure they’re happy things turned out the way they did.

Still you feel bad. You don’t want to make a big deal out of it you just want to apologize. You’re just uncertain of the wording?

Well, I’ve been there. I’m there, and I just wish I could say “I’m sorry for the way I handled everything. I should have been so much nicer. I was awful and I really am so sorry I hurt you. Please don’t hate me anymore. Please forgive me, if you can?”

And after you say that you hope they’ll forgive you and you’ll feel better.

Yea, that would be nice. . . Ever been there?

Sorry for the depression folks. I hope you all have a great day!!

No comments: