Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Being A Mommy

I love being a Mommy. Rarely, if ever, will you find anything as great as your kid walking up to you and saying “I love you oodles and oodles, Mommy.”

Sure sometimes my kiddo (Two and a half) can be tiring and frustrating and make me wonder if maybe he’s deaf (Because he sure doesn’t seem to hear anything I tell him). But there are other times when he’s so sweet (“I love you More, Mommy”) or helpful.

Grocery shopping is definitely not my favorite thing. Well, actually, I don’t mind the shopping part. It’s the coming home and putting all the groceries away that is the problem. However, I have the greatest little helper ever! As soon as I walk in the door he is going through and helping me unpack the bags. His job is putting away all the canned items. And while they might not be perfectly organized in rows according to product, they’re one less thing I have to deal with unpacking and putting away.

When I do laundry, he’s right there to help me. He loves taking the stuff out of the dryer and putting it in the basket and waiting while I hand him stuff from the washer so he can put it in the dryer. Does it take a little longer than it would if I were doing it on my own? Sure it does. But if I insisted on doing it on my own I wouldn’t get the joy out of experiencing his help and he wouldn’t get the pride out of having helped Mommy.

Basically what I’m saying is . . . Even though sometimes I’m frustrated Beyond belief with my little guy he’s one of the greatest things in my life! And nothing touches my heart faster than hearing him say “I just love you so much, Mommy.”

I know that one day he’s going to grow up and I may not hear those sweet little sayings all the time. And the times when he climbs up into my lap and hugs me for no reason are going to get less and less until they’re gone forever. (I may be tearing up now . . .) So I want to make sure I cherish every second of it while I can. All you Mommies out there . . . hug your kiddos! (And remember this post when you’re just about to pull all your hair out!)


(Please forgive any parts of this that are less than clear. I was hit with inspiration at 2:30 am and didn’t want to let it slip away.)

This post has been lovingly dedicated to my wondeful son! I love you Kiddo!

No comments: